Enhanced Functions and Great Digital Features
- D-STAR DV Mode (Digital Voice + Data)
- V/V, U/U, V/U Dualwatch
- IPX7 Waterproof Construction
- Independent AM/FM Receiver
- Micro SD Card Slot
- Integrated GPS Receiver
- RS-MS1A Free Download Android Application
- Send and receive pictures
- Send and receive text messaging
- Set transceiver’s DR functions from the RS-MS1A or a map application
- See the location of repeater sites or other D-PRS stations on a map application
- View and export received history of the transceiver
- View detailed data in the transceiver’s Repeater list
- Import and export the Repeater list and the Callsign list from/to the transceiver
- DV Fast Data Mode
- DV and FM Repeater Search Function
- Additional Dplus Reflector Link Commands
- GPS position data can be sent simultaneously with the serial data communication
- Enhanced D-PRS functions: receiving only Base/Object/Item/Weather formats
- Altitude data added to the GPS memories
- CI-V commands can be sent through DATA connector
- CI-V commands added such as GPS TX mode, DV data TX and GPS ON/OFF settings
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
“Plus Two” New Modes For Extended D-STAR Coverage and Fun!
The new Terminal mode and Access point mode enable you to make D-STAR calls through the Internet, even from areas where no D-STAR repeater is accessible.
Connect the ID-51A PLUS2 to the Internet through a PC or Android® device, and send your voice and/or data through the Internet gateway to a destination repeater.
Access Point Mode
Use an ID-51A PLUS2 radio connected to the Internet through a PC or Android® device, as an Access point. You can use another D-STAR radio to send your voice and/or data through the Access point radio, and communicate with D-STAR stations all over the world.
- A public IP address is required for the Internet connection. (Either a dynamic or static IP address can be used.)
- A call sign is required for an Access point.
- An Access point cannot be used by several radio stations at the same time.
- The Terminal mode and Access point mode require the latest gateway server application to be installed.
- When using the terminal mode or access point mode through a PC, an optional free download software, RS-MS3W, is required to be installed in the PC.
- When using the terminal mode or access point mode through an Android® device, an optional free download application, RS-MS3A, is required to be installed in the Android® device.
- PC OS: Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10
- Android® OS: Android® 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/6.0
5,000 Units Only
Only 5,000 units will be sold worldwide (1,000 units/ each color).
Other New and Enhanced Functions (Compared to the ID-51A PLUS version)
- Improved connection with RS-MS1A the Android® application
- Additional split tone function
- High-speed cloning