- For ground use
- High visibility, simple operation
- Optional Bluetooth headset connectivity
- Active noise cancelling (ANC)
- IP54 Dust-protection and water resistance
- Dualwatch and ON-hook scan functions
- Side tone function
- Optional speaker microphone, HM-217
Top Performance Mobile Airband Radio with Active Noise Cancelling and Bluetooth® Wireless Connectivity
High Visibility, Simple Operation
The full dot-matrix LCD allows for high visibility and clearly shows alphanumeric characters and icons. Programming memory channels and other radio settings can be simply made from the front panel by radio users. These customizing functions can also be restricted, depending on the radio settings.
Optional Bluetooth® Headset Connectivity
With the optional UT-133A Bluetooth® unit, the IC-A120E can be used with a third-party wireless Bluetooth® headset. Also, using the optional VS-3 Bluetooth® headset, the side tone function is available.
Active Noise Cancelling (ANC)
The newly added built-in ANC reduces background noise in the received and transmitting signals. This function is effective in extremely noisy airport environments full of aircraft noise. The automatic noise limiter (ANL)* reduces pulse-type noise such as engine ignition.
* The ANL and ANC functions cannot be used at the same time.
IP54 Dust-Protection and Water Resistance
The IC-A120E has IP54 dust-protection and water resistance. This construction allows for use in open-air vehicles.
Dualwatch and ON-Hook Scan Functions
The dualwatch function checks the priority and operating channels alternatively. The ON-Hook scan function automatically starts scanning when the hand microphone is hooked on the microphone hanger. When you take the microphone OFF hook, the scanning stops at the priority channel or displayed channel (according to the preprogramming).
Side Tone Function
When using a third-party headset with the optional OPC-871A headset adapter, the side tone function allows you to monitor your own transmitted voice via the connected headset. Even when using a hand microphone, your voice can be monitored from the headset.
Optional Speaker-Microphone, HM-217
Listen to received audio through the HM-217’s built-in speaker. From the speakermicrophone’s front panel, access up/down buttons and two programmable buttons (P1/P2) which can be used as a shortcut to activate frequently used functions.
- A total of 200 memory channels with 12-character channel names
- Both 12- and 24- volt systems compatible
- 8.33 kHz* and 25 kHz channel spacing
- 36W (P.E.P) RF output power
- Dualwatch and priority scan functions
- Power on password protection
- PC programming capability
- CI-V Commands for external control
- VE-PG3 RoIP gateway for interconnect with other radio devices
- Compliant with European E-marking for installation in vehicles
* For EUR version only
- Hand microphone, HM-216
- DC power cable
- Mounting bracket kit
- Microphone hanger kit