- Tough construction (MIL-STD 810), superior waterproofing (equivalent to JIS waterproof grade 7.) (1 m depth for 30 minutes)
- Simple operation
- Li-ion battery for extra long battery life
- Waterproof speaker microphone, HM-168LWP
- Powerful 5 Watts output power
- 22 programmable channels for land use
COMPACT SIZE FOR COMMERCIAL OR RECREATIONAL USE
The M88 UL Version is compact and built tough to withstand hazardous and inhospitable environments at sea and on land. The JIS7 waterproof rating protects the radio, even if dropped in the water. Yacht customers prefer the M88 because of the 22 programmable land mobile channels, the optional swivel belt clip and the headset options. A push of a button changes the operating band between marine and land mobile channels.
|1950mAh Li-ion battery, up to 15 hours
Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
JIS7 1m depth for 30 minutes
TOUGH AND WATERPROOF
The IC-M88 UL Version is built tough to withstand hazardous environments. Even if it is dropped into water, its waterproof construction* will protect it from harm.
* Equivalent to IPX7. (1m depth/30min.)
The volume/power knob combines with 6 clearly labeled front panel buttons to maximize simplicity of operation. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation easy.
LI-ION BATTERY FOR LONG BATTERY LIFE
With the standard battery pack, the IC-M88 provides up to 15 hours of operating time.* Also, no worries about 'memory effect' of the battery with Li-Ion technology.
* Tx:Rx:Stand-by= 5:5:90 with BP-227.
22 PROGRAMMABLE CHANNELS
The IC-M88 UL Version has 22 programmable channels reserved for land use (146–174MHz).* Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.
* Appropriate license will be required.
- Instant access to Ch.16 and Ch.9
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning
- Monitor button opens squelch
- Auto power save
- Key lock function
- 4-step battery indicator